Skip To Main Content

Logo Image

Pepper Ridge Elementary

Logo Title

Miscellaneous Questions


  • What should I do if I have moved or changed contact information?

It is important to make sure we have your most current contact information on file.  Please call or send a note with your child so that we can keep our records up to date.  It is also important that students have at least two local emergency contacts.  Emergency contacts are called only when we cannot reach a parent or guardian.  If you move out of Pepper Ridge’s area during the school year, your child can remain at Pepper Ridge for the rest of that same school year as long as you provide timely transportation to and from school.

  • Does Pepper Ridge have a lost and found?

Lost and found is located in the hallway by the north entrance.  There are often a wide variety of hats, gloves, coats, and jackets in our lost and found.  Small items such as glasses, books, and jewelry are kept in the office.  Parents are welcome to stop by anytime to check our lost and found. Unclaimed items are donated to a local charity twice each year.

  • What should I do if my child forgot homework at school?

Students may come back to school until 3:00 p.m. to retrieve forgotten homework.  Students should be accompanied by an adult while in the building.

  • What should I do if my child forgot something at home?

Forgotten items may be left in the office.  A staff member will make sure items are delivered to the classroom or teacher's mailbox.

  • What is the best way to learn about volunteer opportunities at Pepper Ridge School?

There are many opportunities to volunteer at Pepper Ridge School.  Attending PTO meetings is a great way to learn about upcoming volunteer positions.  Occasionally there may also be field trips which require adult supervision; talk you your child's teacher.  Classroom and field trip volunteers are required to have a completed background check on file with Unit 5.  Please check out our volunteer information under parent tab on our website.  All volunteers must complete a background check through the district before volunteering for the first time.  Please call the Pepper Ridge office for the link to start that process.  

  • What types of extracurricular activities are offered at Pepper Ridge School?

Students in fifth grade have the opportunity at the beginning of the year to sign up to participate in band or orchestra as well as volunteer for safety patrol.   Fourth and fifth graders can also participate in Student Council.  Pepper Ridge School also has several active Scout (Boys & Girls) groups, as well as a Chess Club.  

  • What can I do to help celebrate my child's birthday at school?

Each teacher has a different routine for acknowledging your child's special day.  Please contact your child's teacher before making any plans.  Do keep the following in mind: District policy states that edible treats are not allowed. Deliveries such as flowers, candy bouquets, or balloons should not be sent to school.  Any such deliveries for students will be kept in the office for parent pick-up. Students may not distribute party invitations at school.  We cannot provide home addresses.